Wine bars, wineries, brewpubs...also see Sonoma/Napa wine country:
Wine Bars/Shops in San Francisco
ON THE WATERFRONT/TOURISTY AREA
- Ghiradelli Square: Winery Collective - www.winerycollective.com, 485 Jefferson, 12-9, Wattle Creek, and Cellar360 - www.cellar360.com, $10 flights, Sun 11-7
good review (esp. for Collective: http://www.winotripping.com/thevine/post.php?p=70)
- Buena Vista Carneros - 160 Jefferson in Boudin?
- #Ferry Plaza Wine Merchant - open sun 10-7
...then North Beach Tony's Pizza Napoletana? (1570 Stockton @ Union, 12-11)
SOUTH OF MARKET
- #The Wine Club - SOMA, 953 Harrison @ 5th, Sun 11-6, great yelp reviews, $5 Friday happy hours, 10 tastings
- #K&L Wine Merchants - SOMA, 638-4th @ Brannan, Sun 11-6, good staff picks
- SF Wine Center - 757 Bryant @ 6th, closed Sun
- #Italian/Russian Hill: Biondivino - 1415 Green (@ Polk) 12-9
[Enoteca Vino Nostro - 1455 Van Ness (@ Pine) - closed Sun]
- PlumpJack (Fillmore or Noe Valley)
- Swirl on Castro
- Noeteca - 1551 Dolores @ 29th, mostly brunch/baked brie/croque josephine place, but also a wine bar, open Sun 8-8
- The Revolution Cafe - 3248-22nd (@ Mission) ...Sun 9-1, also a wine bar?
- Amelie (Polk & Washington)
- shoeshinewine.com --> in the mission! (but no tasting room yet)
[foggy bridge winery: not yet open]
- Harrington Wines - pinot in the City, 1559 Custer in Hunter's Point and 205 Nevada...only open for open houses, etc.
Napa Valley Winery Exchange - 415 Taylor @ O'Farrell
Closed Sun: Cameron Hughes, Dee Vine
- thesecretwineshop.com, 1097 Howard #209 (@ 7th)--> open Mon 6-9 or call 415-625-3285 ...but not apts on Sunday!
e.g. Monday 14th: $10 flight of Italian varietals, blind tastings
Christy Bergman, Stanford mathematician
- City *Beer* Store & Tasting Bar, SOMA 1168 Folsom @ 8th, sun 12-6, www.citybeerstore.com
www.sfbeerweek.org: 21st Amendment (563-2nd St. @ Brannan) 10-3 strong beers, Elixir (3200-16th St @ Guerrero) 2-2 Cole Porter...also Pi Bar brewery night, Mision Pie Stout & Steak Pies...Humphrey Slocumbe beer ice cream
Barrique - North Beach, good reviews, closed Sun
Rancho Parnassus - SOMA, ditto
Hidden Vine - Nob Hill, ditto
Treasure Island Wineries
- Treasure Island: winery-sf.com, highly rec'd on yelp, open 1-5 sat/sun, 415-773-0178 for appointment, www.pbwines.com (Patrick Bowen's fat grape), also rec'd on yelp, 10-5:30 sat/sun, 415-613-8925...also www.tiwines.net and bluecellars.com on Saturdays
Adesso in Oakland-->closed Sun!
Umbria, fly trap - closed sun!
[review of Una Pizza Napoletana:
- Alameda: St. George (Hangar One Vodka Distillery), Rosenblum & Rock Wall
- East Bay: www.eastbayvintners.com ...Donkey & Goat in Berkeley
Redwood City: La Honda [every 3rd Sat]
La Nebbia, 12341 San Mateo Road, Half Moon Bay, tastings daily 10-5, www.lanebbiawinery.com
Also in HMB: Obester
Santa Cruz mountains: www.scmwa.com
Ridge 17100 Monte Bello Road, Cupertino, best peninsula winery according to chowhounds, tastings Sat/Sun 11-4 or weekdays by appointment, $5 to $20 tastings, single-vineyard (also has one in Sonoma), www.ridgewine.com
Pichetti - 13100 Montebello Road, Cupertino, (near Ridge), tastings daily 11-5, $5 tasting refundable with purchase, picnic area (just can't bring alcohol apart from their wine), picchetti.com
Thomas Fogarty, 19501 Skyline Blvd. Woodside, tasting room 11-5 Wed - Sun, $8-18 tasting options, free tastings on Wed, www.fogartywinery.com
closer: Woodside [by apt], Cronin, chaine d'Or, Page Mill (Palo Alto)